- March 24, 2016
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken Tacos.
Stupid easy slow cooker Mexican shredded chicken tacos. A true dump and cook crockpot recipe that results in the most flavorful, juicy Mexican pulled chicken.
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- (1) 14.5-oz can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- corn tortilla taco shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- shredded mexican cheese
- sour cream
- In your slow cooker, combine the chicken (if it's frozen, no need to defrost, throw it in frozen), Hunt's diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours. When it is done cooking, shred the chicken using 2 forks in the slow cooker. Will be falling apart and shred very easily. Stir around in juices.
- Build tacos by adding shredded chicken and toppings of choice.
- Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 5 days.