- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 4 people
- February 15, 2016
Let the kids have a go at making these easy chicken tortillas.
Mexican chicken tortillas
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 8 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 420g can refried beans
- 8 small wholegrain tortilla wraps, warmed
- Extra light sour cream, to serve
- Combine the chicken and taco sauce in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion begins to brown. Add the capsicum, mushroom and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and begins to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place the refried beans in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Top the tortilla wraps with the onion mixture and the chicken mixture. Serve with sour cream and refried beans.