- Easy Recipes
- March 24, 2016
Grilled Chicken and Pineapple with Onion Relish Recipe.
The official grilling season is almost over, but tropical flavors are a hit at any time of year, so keep the grill going strong with this spicy-sweet chicken breast. Caramelized onions can sometimes get a little heavy or syrupy, but alongside the crisp sweetness of the pineapple, and the sharp bite of the hot peppers, the overall effect is flavorful without being overpowering.Print
Grilled Chicken and Pineapple with Onion Relish Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts;
- 4 pineapple slices;
- 2 fresh jalape?o peppers, thinly sliced;
Ingredients for onion relish
- 4 to 6 red or yellow onions, thinly sliced;
- 2 tbsp. honey; (optional)
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar;
- 3 tbsp. red wine;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat a grill or BBQ to medium-high.
- In a skillet placed over a medium heat, warm the olive oil and saut? the onions until caramelized (about 10 min).
- Add the honey, if using, and stir until dissolved; then add the vinegar and the wine.
- Simmer until all the liquid has evaporated (about 10 minutes), and season to taste.
- Grill the chicken breast on the preheated BBQ until done (about 5 minutes per side).
- Place the pineapple slices and the jalape?o slices on the grill and grill them for about 2 min.
- Top each chicken breast with jalape?o, pineapple, and onion relish, and serve.