- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 8 people
- May 17, 2016
Bacon-Chicken Sliders with Raspberry-Onion Spread.
There’s a sassy new mini sandwich in town! Chicken, bacon and extra goodies are sandwiched between flaky, baked crescent rounds.Print
Bacon-Chicken Sliders with Raspberry-Onion Spread
- 1 can Place ‘n Bake® refrigerated crescent rounds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 to 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, thinly sliced
- 4 slices hickory-smoked bacon, crisply cooked, broken in half
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Place crescent rounds on cookie sheet; press each crescent into 2 1/2-inch round. Brush with egg; sprinkle with poppy seed.
- Bake 8 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, salt and pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onions are tender. Add chicken broth and balsamic vinegar; cook 12 to 17 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Stir in red raspberry and apricot preserves; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until slightly thickened. Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut each crescent round in half horizontally. Place bottoms of buns on serving platter; top each with 2 teaspoons of the onion mixture, chicken, bacon, cilantro and top of bun.