- Cooking time
- 120 mins
- 4 people
- April 5, 2016
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe.
Attention, party hosts: the finger food is here! Ground chicken meatballs are just different enough to make a nice change of pace from beef, and the buffalo sauce gives you the same classic flavor that you’d get from buffalo wings, only without all the mess! Kids will love them, but they’re great for grown-ups too, especially for any kind of tailgate party or Game Day celebration.
Meatballs can be a bit of a conundrum for Paleo beginners because the usual options for binders – bread crumbs or cornmeal – aren’t on the table. But here, an egg and some almond meal do the job just as well, minus the grains.
Buffalo meatballs clearly call for some Buffalo sauce: if you can’t find a Paleo-friendly version in a store, you can use the first recipe on this page (just ignore the drumsticks, since you’ll be using the sauce on meatballs instead). Some ranch dressing also works perfectly as a dip for the meatballs once they’re done; here’s a recipe for homemade ranch. Chop up a few celery sticks to add to the tray, and you’ll have a quick and easy platter of snacks or appetizers any time you want them.Print
Garden Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 lb. ground chicken;
- 1/3 cup almond meal;
- 1 egg;
- 2 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced;
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce;
- Homemade ranch dressing; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the ground chicken, almond meal, egg, garlic, green onions, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- Place the meatballs onto a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Turn off the oven and place meatballs into a slow cooker. Add the buffalo sauce, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- (optional) Serve with ranch sauce for dipping.