- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 28 mins
- 10 people
- April 28, 2016
Slow-Cooker Cranberry Chipotle Meatballs.
These sweet-and-spicy meatballs are extra-easy to make thanks to a little help from the slow cooker. Perfect for your next holiday party.Print
Slow-Cooker Cranberry Chipotle Meatballs
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (14 oz) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 diced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can
- In 8-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions in oil 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent and softened; add garlic. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, soak bread crumbs in milk. Add cooled onion mixture, beef, egg, salt, pepper and allspice. Mix well. Shape mixture into about 30 walnut-size meatballs; place in slow cooker.
- In another bowl, mix cranberry sauce and chipotle chiles with adobo. Pour mixture over meatballs in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 hours. Serve using toothpicks and/or with bread.