- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 500 mins
- 12 people
- May 24, 2016
Slow-Cooker Carolina-Style Pulled Pork.
Take your cue from the Carolinas with this easy slow-cooker spin on delicious, vinegary pulled pork shoulder.Print
Slow-Cooker Carolina-Style Pulled Pork
- 2/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 lb boneless pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Spray 5-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. In medium bowl, beat mustard, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder and 2 teaspoons salt with whisk. Pour into slow cooker. Add pork and turn to coat with sauce. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- Transfer pork to cutting board. Allow to cool slightly. Meanwhile, strain sauce through fine-mesh strainer. Discard solids. Pour 1 1/4 cups sauce into small bowl; stir in vinegar. Reserve remaining sauce for another use. When cool enough to handle, shred pork using two forks. Discard any remaining fat. Transfer pork back to slow cooker; pour sauce with vinegar over pork; toss to mix.