- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- April 18, 2016
Of course, the braised cabbage is difficult to attribute to refined treats. Rather, home and everyday dish, along with baked potatoes or salad, however, is a very favorite and useful, especially during lent.Print
- 1 kg white cabbage,
- 2 onions,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar,
- 2 Bay leaves,
- 3 pea allspice,
- ground red pepper to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste,
- 100 ml of broth.
- The cabbage remove the upper leaves, the stalks and slice. Carrot RUB on a coarse grater. Onions finely cut.
- Saut? onion in vegetable oil 5 minutes. Add carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the cabbage and roast, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. Then reduce the flame, pour the broth, add the Bay leaf, allspice, and put the cabbage under the lid for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and continue to simmer the cabbage for about 20 minutes. The degree of readiness cabbage regulates itself – if you like softer cabbage, the time can be increased for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the braised cabbage as a separate dish or with potatoes, rice, meat.