- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 2 people
- February 11, 2016
Pomegranate-Ginger Prosecco Cocktails.
Enjoy this cool and refreshing cocktail made using pomegranate and ginger – ready in 25 minutes.Print
Pomegranate-Ginger Prosecco Cocktails
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 slice fresh gingerroot
Ginger Simple Syrup (makes 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 oz gin
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 oz ginger simple syrup (above)
- 2 oz prosecco
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- In small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon finely gingerroot. Place mixture on small flat plate. Rub fresh gingerroot slice around rims of 2 martini glasses to moisten. Dip moistened rims of glasses in ginger sugar mixture.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat ginger simple syrup ingredients over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Let stand 15 minutes. Use within 2 days.
- Fill martini shaker with ice. Add gin, pomegranate juice, and 1 oz of the ginger simple syrup; place lid on shaker, and shake until cold and blended. Pour into prepared martini glasses; add prosecco.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.