- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 8 people
- February 9, 2016
Meat-Lover’s Pizza Casserole.
Italian sausage, bacon and pepperoni star in a hearty casserole that’s sure to satisfy.
Meat-Lover’s Pizza Casserole
- 1 lb uncooked ziti or other tubular pasta
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz each) pizza sauce
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 package (3.5-oz size) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 3-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package using minimum cook time. Return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook and stir sausage, onion, bell pepper and garlic over medium-high heat about 7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is softened. Stir in pizza sauce, bacon and pepperoni. Pour mixture over cooked pasta; stir. Spoon half of pasta mixture (about 4 cups) into casserole. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon remaining pasta mixture on top.
- Bake 30 minutes; top with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until hot and cheese is melted and bubbly.