- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 80 mins
- 16 people
- February 9, 2016
Make-Ahead Meat-Lovers’ Lasagna Roll-Ups.
Make a large batch of these meaty and cheesy lasagna rolls, and freeze them to help make quick dinners on busy days. Get a quick start by using Make-Ahead Seasoned Ground Beef and Sausage.
- 16 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 2 containers (15 oz each) ricotta cheese
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant™ frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves or Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. Drain; rinse with hot water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook beef, sausage and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, spinach, basil and egg. Spread about 3 tablespoons ricotta mixture over each cooked lasagna noodle to within 1 inch of one short end. Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture over ricotta mixture on each. Roll up firmly toward unfilled end. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Place roll-ups, seam side down, on pan; cover loosely with foil. Freeze about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place frozen rolls in airtight freezer container; label. Freeze up to 3 months.
- To bake 16 lasagna roll-ups, spray two 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dishes with cooking spray. Remove roll-ups from freezer bag; place 8 in each baking dish. Cover with foil; thaw in refrigerator at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Pour 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce over and around roll-ups in each baking dish. Cover tightly with foil; bake 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle each baking dish with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; bake uncovered 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.