- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 100 mins
- 6 people
- February 19, 2016
Asian Vegetable Meat Roll.
Make your dinner decision in no time with this hearty ginger- and soy-flavored roll-up
Asian Vegetable Meat Roll
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs (2 slices)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (2 1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray broiler pan rack with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients except water chestnuts, mushrooms and pimientos. Shape mixture into 12x10-inch rectangle on waxed paper. Mix remaining ingredients. Spread over beef mixture to within 1 inch of edges; press into beef mixture.
- Roll up, beginning at narrow end, using waxed paper to help roll. Pinch edges and ends to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center and juice of beef is clear (meat thermometer should reach at least 160°F). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.