- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- February 19, 2016
Grilled Curried Meat Roll Pita Sandwiches.
Skewering seasoned ground meat for grilling is a Greek tradition, as is serving it in pita bread with cool yogurt and crunchy cucumber.Print
Grilled Curried Meat Roll Pita Sandwiches
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 (6-inch) pita (pocket) breads, cut in half
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- Heat grill. In medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion, curry powder and salt; mix well. Shape mixture into four 6-inch sausage-shaped rolls. Flatten each to 2-inch width. Place a 12-inch metal skewer through center of each roll.
- In medium bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber and lemon peel; blend well. Set aside.
- When ready to grill, place skewered meat rolls on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 9 to 12 minutes or until meat rolls are thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- Remove skewers; place meat rolls in pita bread halves. Top each with lettuce, tomato and yogurt sauce.