- March 18, 2016
Ham And Pineapple Skewers Recipe.
Ham and pineapple make for a great salty-sweet combination, especially when they’re hot off the grill and drizzled with a savory sauce. These tasty skewers are the perfect answer to a craving for Hawaiian pizza – because really, the toppings are the good stuff anyway. The basting sauce just adds to the experience: mustard and ginger give it a little bit of savory warmth that nicely balances out the ham and pineapple on the skewers.
- 1 lb. ham, cut into cubes;
- 1 pineapple, cut into cubes;
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice;
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard;
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos;
- 2 tsp. raw honey; (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Wood or metal skewers
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple juice, coconut aminos, honey, ginger, mustard, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Thread alternating pieces of pineapple and ham onto the skewers.
- Grill the loaded skewers for 8-10 minutes, basting with the sauce and turning frequently.