- March 20, 2016
Slow Cooker Ham With Pineapple and Mustard Glaze Recipe.
A pineapple and mustard glaze adds plenty of flavor to this easy slow-cooker ham, and a quick turn under the broiler gives you the caramelized top of an oven-cooked recipe without all the work. With the decorative pineapple rings on top, it’s a decorative centerpiece for any kind of special meal, but it would also be delicious for an ordinary dinner.Print
Slow Cooker Ham With Pineapple and Mustard Glaze Recipe
- A 6 to 8 lbs fully cooked bone-in ham
- 4 to 6 pineapple rings (these are in addition to the chunks below)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup raw honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 1/4 cup water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the ham in a slow cooker.
- Combine the pineapple juice, pineapple chunks, honey, mustard, cloves, and water in a saucepan placed over a medium heat.
- Cook the sauce until warm and the honey has dissolved completely.
- Pour the mixture over the ham.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, basting with the cooking juices every few hours.
- Preheat your oven broiler, and place the ham in an oven-safe dish.
- Decoratively arrange the pineapple slices on top of the ham, securing them with toothpicks, and drizzle the remaining sauce all over.
- Broil for 7 to 10 minutes right before serving.