- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 1 people
- April 26, 2016
Bacon and Egg Savory Oats.
Start the day well with this warm hearty breakfast bowl.Print
Bacon and Egg Savory Oats
- 2 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Farm Stand Harvest organic honey, almond and chia granola
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- In 8-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; place on paper towels to drain.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat milk, granola and salt to boiling over medium heat. Boil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in half of the bacon pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat bacon drippings in same skillet over low heat; crack egg into skillet. Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until egg yolk is firm.
- Place hot granola mixture into serving bowl or mini cast iron skillet. Top with fried egg, shredded cheese and remaining bacon pieces. Drizzle with maple syrup.