- Preparation time
- 55 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 4 people
- February 7, 2016
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Vegetable Kabobs.
Fun and tasty! A rosemary-lemon marinade gives these grilled kabobs loads of flavor.
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Vegetable Kabobs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 oz)
Chicken and Vegetables
- In shallow glass or plastic bowl, or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all marinade ingredients. Add chicken, stirring to coat with marinade. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate, stirring occasionally, at least 30 minutes but no longer than 6 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Thread chicken, bell pepper, zucchini and onion alternately on each of four 15-inch metal skewers, leaving about 1/4-inch space between each piece. Brush vegetables with marinade.
- Cover and grill kabobs over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing frequently with marinade, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add asparagus to grill for last 5 minutes of grilling, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over kabobs. Serve kabobs with asparagus.