- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 4 people
- September 19, 2019
Grilled Chopped Garden Veggies with Garlic Toast
Grilled Chopped Veggies with Garlic Toast is the most delicious way to get your recommended serving of vegetables. Flavorful grilled veggies served with garlic bread can be served as an appetizer or your main course!
- 1 red pepper pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 red onion
- 12 ounces baby portobello mushrooms
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 loaf sourdough bread sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- fresh basil and oregano for topping
FRESH BASIL VINAIGRETTE
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat your grilled to the highest setting. Once the bread is sliced, stir together the olive oil and garlic and brush it on the bread slices.
- While the grill is heating, I like to cut the vegetables into large pieces – ones that are manageable on the grill and won’t fall through the grates (if you’re not using a grill pan!) – but remember that we will chopped them after they are grilled! Sprinkle the veggies with the salt and pepper.
- Once the grill is hot, place the vegetables on the grates and grill for about 5 to 6 minutes, tossing often and monitoring the veggies the entire time. Remove the veggies from the grill and place them on a sheet pan. To grill the bread, place it on the grill and grill about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Keep an eye on it as the grill time will depend on where it is placed and how hot the grill is!
- Once the bread is finished, chop the veggies so they are mostly even in size and place them all in a bowl.
- Drizzle the basil vinaigrette on the veggies and toss well. Top with a handful of fresh basil and oregano.
- Serve the whole mess with the grilled bread and devour it!
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, basil, garlic, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. This stays great in the fridge!