- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 4 people
- April 2, 2016
Chicken risotto with spring vegetables.
An everyday supper that’s packed with nutrition.Print
Chicken risotto with spring vegetables
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 225g risotto rice
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- 1 x 100g pack asparagus spears, halved
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and coat with the oil. Gradually add the hot stock, stirring continuously, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Stir in the asparagus and peas with the last addition of stock and continue to cook. The whole cooking process should take about 20 minutes and the rice should be ‘al dente’.
- Stir through the Parmesan cheese and parsley, season well and serve.