- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- May 19, 2016
Mandarin Chicken Stir-Fry.
Fruits and pea pods provide a simple addition to this hearty stir-fried chicken that’s ready in 30 minutes. Perfect if you love Asian cuisine.Print
Mandarin Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained and 2 tablespoons syrup reserved
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow (Chinese) pea pods, thawed and drained
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- Hot cooked Chinese noodles or rice, if desired
- Mix vinegar, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, red pepper, reserved orange syrup and pineapple juice in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, gingerroot and garlic; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pea pods, onions and pineapple; heat through. Fold in orange segments. Serve over noodles.