- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 6 people
- February 7, 2016
Skillet Chicken Nachos.
Dinner ready in 20 minutes! Enjoy these delicious nachos spooned with chicken mixture sprinkled with cheese and cilantro – perfect for Mexican cuisine.Print
Skillet Chicken Nachos
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (7 oz) Green Giant™ Niblets® whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 6 oz tortilla chips (about 42 chips)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, bell pepper, beans, corn and 1 cup of the cheese. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Divide tortilla chips between 6 plates. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over chips. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and the cilantro.