- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 75 mins
- 6 people
- May 18, 2016
Roast Pork with Apples and Sweet Potatoes.
Apples and pork always pair well. The addition of sweet potatoes makes this main dish even more pleasing!
Roast Pork with Apples and Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium red cooking apples, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium dark-orange sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 lb each)
- Heat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, vinegar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture. Add apples, sweet potatoes and onion to remaining butter mixture; toss to coat. Arrange apple mixture in roasting pan or 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush pork with reserved butter mixture. Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook pork in skillet about 3 minutes, turning to brown all sides evenly.
- Place pork on apple mixture. Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until pork has slight blush of pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F.