- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- April 16, 2016
Heart of palm salad.
A simple salad that puts a ubiquitous supermarket staple to work. Canned hearts of palm have a vegetal, slightly nutty flavor similar to artichokes, and they combine perfectly with butter lettuce and avocado.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 oz. butterhead lettuce, leaves torn
- 1/4 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14-oz.) can hearts of palm, drained and thinly sliced on the bias
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add in remaining ingredients and toss lightly to combine. Serve with grilled chicken or fish, if you like.