- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- May 21, 2016
Avocado, Apple And Chicken Salad Recipe.
Chicken salad is traditionally a very mayo-heavy affair – and there’s nothing wrong with a healthy smear of homemade Paleo mayo! Olive oil and egg yolks are both pretty great for you, and adding that dose of healthy fat to a salad helps your body absorb the nutrients more effectively. But what about people with egg sensitivities? What about people on an autoimmune Paleo protocol that doesn’t allow eggs?Print
Avocado, Apple And Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped;
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped;
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped;
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped;
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped;
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced;
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken-avocado mixture.
- Toss gently until everything is well coated.
- Serve as a salad or wrapped in lettuce leaves.