- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 6 people
- February 5, 2016
Inside-Out Taco Salad Wraps.
Wrap up traditional taco fillings in a lettuce leaf for a handheld taco salad.
Inside-Out Taco Salad Wraps
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup diced peeled jicama
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe large avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 container (18 oz) refrigerated taco sauce with seasoned ground beef
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 large leaves Bibb lettuce, rinsed, patted dry with paper towels
- In small bowl, mix all dipping sauce ingredients; set aside. In another small bowl, mix jicama with 1 teaspoon of the lime juice. In third small bowl, mix avocado with remaining teaspoon lime juice. Heat taco sauce with ground beef in microwave as directed on container.
- On large serving platter, layer crushed chips, warm taco sauce with ground beef, jicama, avocado, onions, olives and cheese. Sprinkle cilantro over top. On large plate, arrange lettuce leaves.
- To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup layered fillings onto each lettuce leaf; wrap lettuce around filling. Serve with dipping sauce.