- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 12 people
- February 5, 2016
Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pecan.
Thick and Chewy Brown Butter Blondie Bars are loaded with chocolate chips, gooey salted caramel, and crunchy pecans! These are easy to make and taste incredible.Print
Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pecan
- Crust: 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- Filling: 2 cups roasted salted pecans, halves or pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 8x8in baking dish with parchment paper to cook evenly and prevent sticking. Spray remaining baking dish with oil.
- For Crust: Combine all crust ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Pour ingredients into lined baking dish and evenly press and distribute to develop a uniform crust.
- Filling: Evenly distribute pecans on crust.
- Evenly distribute chocolate chips on pecans.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, and whipping cream. Heat mixture on high power for 1 minute to melt.
- Remove bowl from microwave. Stir until caramel mixture is smooth; it’s okay if butter hasn’t completely melted.
- Return bowl to microwave and heat for 1 minute on high power.
- Take out of microwave and stir until smooth.
- Add and mix in salt and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the caramel sauce evenly over the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until caramel is bubbling vigorously around edges, with bubbling to a lesser degree in center.
- Allow bars to cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 3 hours before slicing.