- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 24 people
- May 15, 2016
Salted Caramel Reese’s™ Bars.
These layered cereal bars combine the flavors of salted caramel, chocolate and peanut butter into one tasty treat!Print
Salted Caramel Reese’s™ Bars
- 5 cups Kix™ cereal
- 5 cups Reese’s™ Puffs™ cereal
- 2 bags (11 oz each) caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 container (16 oz) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Reese’s™ Pieces™ peanut butter candy in a crunchy shell
- Line 13×9-inch pan with foil. Spray bottom and sides with cooking spray. Pour cereals separately into 2 large bowls.
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir caramels and 3 tablespoons water over medium-low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth (about 10 minutes). Stir in butter and salt. Pour half of caramel mixture into each cereal bowl (about 1 cup for each). Stir caramel mixture and cereal until combined.
- Using hands lightly greased with butter or cooking spray, spread Kix™ cereal mixture evenly in pan, pressing down slightly. Spread Reese’s™ Puffs™ cereal mixture evenly on top, pressing down firmly. Cool 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir together frosting, peanut butter and 1 tablespoon water. Spread evenly on top of bars. Sprinkle candy over top. Remove bars from pan. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.