- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 2 people
- February 16, 2016
Perfect for breakfast on-the-go, or as a morning snack, these crunchy oat bars are packed with flavour in every bite.
Super-healthy banana, apricot and date oat bars
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3 cups traditional rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried dates
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 16cm x 25.5cm (base) slice pan. Line with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Mash banana until smooth. Add oats, dates, apricots, almonds, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Using the back of a spoon, press evenly into pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Cut into small bars. Serve.