- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 5 mins
- 18 people
- February 14, 2016
Healthier LCM bars.
The kids will love this better-for-you version of the classic LCM bar.Print
Healthier LCM bars
- 120g (4 cups) rice bubbles
- 45g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 75g (1/2 cup) craisins, roughly chopped
- 175g (1/2 cup) rice malt syrup
- 140g (1/2 cup) peanut butter
- Line a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slice tin with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang two long sides of tin to form handles. Combine the rice bubbles, coconut, chia, sunflower seeds and craisins in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place rice malt syrup and peanut butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook stirring, until melted, well combined and just coming to the boil.
- Add to rice bubble mixture and stir to combine. Working quickly, spoon into prepared tin, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Cut into 18 bars.