- Preparation time
- 2 mins
- Cooking time
- 5 mins
- 4 people
- February 17, 2016
Berrylicious bircher muesli.
Get the day off to a healthy start with this low-fat berry and oat breakfast.Print
Berrylicious bircher muesli
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened (no added sugar) apple juice
- 1 red apple, do not peel
- 4 tablespoons Attiki country-style honey-flavoured natural yoghurt
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries, to serve
- Honey, to serve
- Place the oats and apple juice in a large jar or container with a lid. Put the lid on and seal tightly. Shake until well combined. Place in the fridge and leave for 1 hour or overnight until all the juice has been absorbed and the mixture is a bit gloopy.
- Grate the apple (throw away the apple core). Add the grated apple and yoghurt to the oat mixture. Now say “voila” (pronounced vwa-la) because you have made bircher muesli.
- Divide the muesli among serving bowls. Top with berries and drizzle with honey. Now dig in!