- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 190 mins
- 15 people
- April 27, 2016
Gooey Sugar Cookie Bars.
Reminiscent of classic gooey butter cakes, these bars are packed with plenty of butter, made easy with sugar cookie mix, and finished with whipped cream and juicy strawberries.
Gooey Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups coarsely chopped strawberries (about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix and 1/2 cup softened butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Spread mixture evenly in pan; press lightly.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until blended; scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on high speed until smooth. Beat in 1/3 cup melted butter until blended. Pour over cookie mixture; spread evenly.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, in medium bowl, mix strawberries, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and the lemon juice. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. To serve, cut bars into 5 rows by 3 rows. Top each with strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.