- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 510 mins
- 12 people
- April 25, 2016
Memphis-Style Pulled Pork Mini Taco Boats™.
Memphis is known for sweet and smoky pulled pork. Turn this easy slow-cooker pulled pork into crowd-pleasing appetizers that are the perfect size for every party.
Memphis-Style Pulled Pork Mini Taco Boats™
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 1/2 lb)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 bottle (18 oz) hickory brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix (from 14-oz bag)
- 2 packages Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 24 dill pickle slices
- In small bowl, mix salt, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and pepper. Sprinkle pork roast with spice mixture.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add roast to skillet; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Place roast in 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until roast is very tender.
- Remove roast to cutting board; discard liquid from slow cooker. In slow cooker, stir together 1/2 cup vinegar and the barbecue sauce. With 2 forks, shred roast. Return to slow cooker; stir gently to mix with sauce. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar, 1 tablespoon vinegar, the relish, ground mustard and celery seed with whisk. Add coleslaw mix; stir until well coated.
- Heat boats as directed on package. Scoop about 2 tablespoons warm pork into each boat; top with 1 tablespoon slaw, and garnish with pickle slice.