- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 6 people
- May 16, 2016
Garlic Butter Crusted Margherita Pizza.
Roasted garlic and butter on the crust really enhance this Margherita pizza.Print
Garlic Butter Crusted Margherita Pizza
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped roasted garlic or chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic or chopped garlic
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil strips
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease large dark or nonstick cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray; set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic and the salt. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until tomatoes are thickened, stirring frequently. Set aside; cool slightly.
- Unroll dough on cookie sheet. Press out dough to 15×10-inch rectangle. In small bowl, mix butter and 1 tablespoon roasted garlic. Spread over dough. Bake 7 minutes; remove from oven.
- Evenly distribute tomato mixture over partially baked crust. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle basil strips over pizza before serving.