- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- May 16, 2016
Grilled Italian Pesto Pizza.
Enjoy this hearty grilled pizza with two types of cheese, tomatoes and basil pesto – dinner ready in just 25 minutes!Print
Grilled Italian Pesto Pizza
- 1 can (11 oz) refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 3 large plum (Roma) tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup whole basil leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Cut 14 x 14-inch piece of heavy duty foil; spray foil with cooking spray. Place dough on foil; starting at center press dough to 12-inch round. Place dough on grill, foil side down. Cook, uncovered, 3 minutes or until bottom of crust is light golden brown. Remove from grill.
- Using wide spatula, flip crust over so uncooked side is down. Brush pesto over pizza crust. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese over pesto. Arrange tomato slices and basil leaves on cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Place pizza onto grill, foil side down. Cook, covered, an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese begins to melt.