- March 13, 2016
Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe.
If the Paleo movement has a right to brag about any culinary achievement, that achievement has got to be the grain-free pizza. We’ve got vegetable crusts of various types. Protein-rich chicken “crusts.” Tapioca-flour crusts. Mini-pizzas in pepperoni “crusts.” Various other forms of grain-free delights. If “replacing pizza crust” were an art form, this probably would be the Renaissance.
- 1 head cauliflower, stalk removed;
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten;
- 1/4 cup almond or tapioca flour;
- 1 tsp. dried oregano;
- 1 tsp dried basil;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Pizza sauce;
- Grape tomatoes, sliced;
- Almond cheese; (optional)
- Fresh basil;
- Any other toppings you like;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until finely shredded (you may want to do this in different batches).
- Steam the shredded cauliflower for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well, let cool, and strain any excess water using a towel.
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, almond flour, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Transfer to a pizza pan or baking sheet and shape into a pizza crust shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce on top of the crust. Add all your desired toppings and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until toppings are nicely cooked.