- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 105 mins
- 24 people
- February 6, 2016
Football Cupcake Pull-Aparts.
Team up cupcakes to create a winning play with a football party cake.Print
Football Cupcake Pull-Aparts
- 1 box yellow or devil’s food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 containers Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) white decorating icing
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon frosting into decorating bag with large star tip (size #5). Arrange cupcakes in football shape using 15 of the 24 cupcakes. Pipe thick lines of frosting over football-cupcake shape. Using spatula, spread frosting over cupcakes. Pipe decorative border of chocolate frosting around edge of football. Sprinkle decorative border with candy-coated chocolate candies. Pipe laces with white icing. Frost and decorate remaining cupcakes as desired, and serve alongside football. Store loosely covered.