- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 10 people
- October 25, 2016
Thin Mint Truffles.
Simple no-bake Thin Mint Truffles that only requires a handful of ingredients!
Thin Mint Truffles
- 1 - 10 oz. package Grasshopper cookies or Thin Mints
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. mint extract
- 8 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate or melting chocolate - not chocolate chips, must be baking or melting chocolate
- green chocolate wafers, for drizzling
- In a food processor or chopper, pulse the cookies into fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, cream cheese, and mint extract until well-mixed.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into scant 1-inch balls.
- Place in the freezer for at least an hour - ideally you want the cookie balls to be nearly frozen solid, and definitely thoroughly chilled.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the semi-sweet chocolate.
- Removing only 2-3 truffles at a time from the freezer, dunk them in the melted chocolate using a toothpick, and tap off any excess chocolate.
- Place on the parchment paper, and allow to set.
- In another small saucepan over low heat, melt the green chocolate wafers.
- Drizzle over the truffles, and allow to set. EAT!