- Preparation time
- 60 mins
- Cooking time
- 124 mins
- 24 people
- May 29, 2016
Easy Ice Cream Truffle Bites.
Bite into these cool (literally!) mini sweets that boast mint chocolate ice cream and a chocolaty-crunch coating.Print
Easy Ice Cream Truffle Bites
- 1 package (1.5 qts) mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 cup Chocolate Cheerios™ cereal
- 2 bottles (7.25 oz) chocolate syrup
- Put 2 baking sheets in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove one of the pans and cover with wax paper.
- One-by-one, quickly form 12 ice cream balls using an ice cream scoop. Arrange the scoopfuls on the baking sheet and return to the freezer. Repeat with the second baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulverize the Chocolate Cheerios™ cereal and transfer to a bowl. Beat the chocolate from one of the bottles for 1/2 minute and pour in a small bowl.
- Remove the first tray of ice cream bites from the freezer. Use a fork to quickly dip the balls in the chocolate sauce, letting any excess drip for a few seconds before dropping it into the bowl with the ground Cheerios™. Cover with more of the Cheerios™. Repeat until you’ve finished preparing all the bites. Return them to the freezer and repeat this step, using the remaining bottle of chocolate syrup to prepare the second batch of ice cream bites.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and serve.