- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- May 29, 2016
French Toast Waffles with Apple Cherry Topping.
Can’t decide on French toast or waffles? Turn crescents into a yummy combo topped with a double-fruit sauce.
French Toast Waffles with Apple Cherry Topping
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can Place 'n Bake® refrigerated crescent rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Heat waffle maker. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, mix apple pie filling and cherry preserves. Cook over low heat until warm, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- In shallow dish, beat eggs, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the whipping cream with wire whisk until foamy. Separate dough into 8 rounds. Dip each round in egg mixture, coating well. Place 2 to 4 rounds in waffle maker; close lid. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Repeat with remaining rounds.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat remaining whipping cream, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and the brown sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, spoon warm apple mixture over waffles; top with sweetened whipped cream.