- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 2 people
- May 14, 2016
Basil-Tuna Steaks and Vegetables.
Mouthwatering tuna steaks are jazzed up with colorful veggies marinated in basil-infused Italian dressing.Print
Basil-Tuna Steaks and Vegetables
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (4 oz)
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 tuna steaks (4 to 6 oz each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In medium bowl, mix Italian dressing and 1/4 teaspoon of the basil. Add mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat closed contact grill 5 minutes. Sprinkle tuna steaks with seasoned salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon basil.
- When grill is heated, place vegetables on bottom grill surface; reserve dressing in bowl. Close grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from grill; return vegetables to bowl with dressing.
- Add tuna to bottom grill surface. Close grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve vegetables and dressing with tuna.