- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 85 mins
- 8 people
- May 8, 2016
Cherry Ice Cream Pie.
This is the perfect busy person’s dessert. It’s impressive, easy to assemble and can be made days ahead.
Cherry Ice Cream Pie
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Green colored sugar
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 450°F. Make 1 pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Brush fluted edge lightly with milk; sprinkle with green sugar. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool while preparing trees.
- Remove second crust from pouch; place flat on work surface. Brush crust lightly with milk; sprinkle with green sugar. With 2-inch tree-shaped cookie cutter, cut 16 trees; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- In large bowl, gently mix softened ice cream, pie filling and almond extract to blend. Spread in cooled baked shell. Arrange trees in 2 concentric circles on top of pie. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. For easier cutting, refrigerate pie 30 minutes before serving.