- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 6 people
- March 7, 2016
Black Forest Crepes.
Chocolate crepes with a fluffy and light cherry cream filling, topped with cherry pie filling, and drizzled with chocolate sauce.
Black Forest Crepes
- 4 eggs
- 11/2 c. milk
- 1 c. water
- 2 c. flour
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp. melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 - 21 oz. can cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 c. Cool Whip or whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. cherry pie filling
- 1/2 c. chocolate syrup
Cherry Cream Filling:
- In a large bowl, combine all crepe batter ingredients and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, pour about ?-1/2 c. batter, covering the entire bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the top looks mostly cooked too, even before flipping. Carefully (it will be thin and delicate) flip the crepe over, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Remove crepe from the pan to a plate or platter, and continue making crepes with remaining batter. (If not serving immediately, they can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. They
- stack well between plastic wrap lightly greased with non-stick spray.)
- In a small bowl, combine all but ? c. of the cherry pie filling (set it aside), the whipped topping, and the sugar.
- Fold together until thoroughly blended.
- Evenly divide filling among crepes, spooning it across the diameter of each crepe, and then roll them into 2-inch tubes.
- Top with a spoonful of cherry pie filling, and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Enjoy!