- April 1, 2016
Black eyed bean, feta and herb burgers.
A tasty meat-free burger packed with protein.Print
Black eyed bean, feta and herb burgers
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 400g tin black eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- 75g granary breadcrumbs
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp mixed fresh herbs, chopped, eg parsley, coriander and chives
- 1 egg, beaten
- wholemeal rolls, to serve
- salad, red onions and tomato
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the spring onions for 1–2 minutes, until softened.
- Place the black eyed beans in a large bowl and roughly mash. Stir in the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 and form each into patties or burgers.
- Place on a baking sheet, brush each side with the remaining oil and chill for at least 30 minutes, or until required. Cook for 2–3 minutes on each side on a medium barbecue or grill until cooked through.
- Serve in a wholemeal roll and fill with green salad, tomatoes and red onion.