- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 8 people
- April 24, 2016
Harvest Grain Chicken Chopped Salad.
Loaded with good things like chicken, bacon, apple, cheese and grains, this salad is great for dinner. Or take it to work for lunch.
Harvest Grain Chicken Chopped Salad
- 1 box Suddenly Grain Salad™ harvest grains
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water or apple juice
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 oz)
- 10 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Fill 3-quart saucepan half full with water; heat to boiling. Carefully place unopened bag of grains (from salad box) in water. Gently boil uncovered 17 minutes, turning bag once halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix dressing mix (from salad box), oil and cold water. Set aside.
- Place unopened bag of cooked grains into colander. Rinse bag with cold water; drain.
- Open bag of grains. Add grains to dressing with packet of cranberries and almonds (from salad box); toss to coat.
- Place lettuce into 4 serving bowls. Arrange grain salad, chicken, apple, blue cheese and bacon on top of lettuce. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate.