- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 4 people
- March 17, 2016
If you’re trying to slowly ease a skeptic into Paleo with some familiar flavors, this would be a great recipe to start off with: everyone likes fajitas, so it’s familiar and comfortable even for complete beginners. It’s so good they might not even notice they’re technically eating “Paleo!”Print
Oven Chicken Fajita Bake Recipe
- 3–4 boneless skinless chicken breasts;
- 1–2 tbsp. taco seasoning (recipe below);
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced;
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced;
- Ingredients for the taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. chili powder;
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder;
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder;
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes;
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano;
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the taco seasoning.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and lay the onion and bell pepper on top.
- Return the dish to the oven and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with guacamole or your favorite salsa.