- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 4 people
- March 17, 2016
Turkey, Kale, and Cauliflower Soup Recipe.
If you want to keep with the seasonal theme, this would be a great main dish to serve with roasted root vegetables, potatoes, or winter squash (and if you want to get really decadent, wrap that squash in bacon). Or toss it in a thermos bottle to bring anywhere for lunch on the go: even if you don’t have anywhere to reheat it, it’ll keep hot for a few hours until you’re ready to dig in.
- 1 lb. ground turkey;
- 4 shallots, chopped;
- 3 carrots, sliced;
- 1 bell pepper, cut into pieces;
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes;
- 5 cups chicken stock;
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower, minced;
- 4 cups kale, ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped;
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots, carrots, cauliflower, and bell pepper.
- Cook until the vegetables are slightly soft (8 to 10 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add the turkey to the vegetables and cook until the meat is cooked through (6 to 8 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Stir in the kale, reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.