- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 8 people
- May 31, 2016
Italian Meatball Hoagie Braids.
Your kids will love these cheesy, easy-to-handle hot meatball sandwiches!
Italian Meatball Hoagie Braids
- 2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 16 frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs, 1 to 1 1/2 inch (from 16-oz bag), thawed, halved
- 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 8 rectangles. Place rectangles on cookie sheets. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheets: Unroll dough; cut into 8 rectangles. Place rectangles on cookie sheets.
- Place 4 meatball halves lengthwise down center of each rectangle. Top each with 2 tablespoons pasta sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on each side of filling. Alternately cross strips over filling. Brush dough with beaten egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.