- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- June 3, 2016
Caribbean Salsa Chicken.
Looking for a hearty skillet dinner using Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa? Then try this flavorful chicken that’s served over rice – featuring hints of Caribbean and Mexican cuisine.Print
Caribbean Salsa Chicken
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime wedges, if desired
- Fresh orange wedges, if desired
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook and stir 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In medium bowl, combine salsa, marmalade, brown sugar, lime juice and allspice; mix well.
- Add to chicken; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro. Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with lime and orange wedges.