- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 8 people
- April 22, 2016
Salsa-Turkey Cornbread Casserole.
Welcome family to the dinner table with a homey casserole of turkey, beans and salsa topped with a tasty cornbread topper.
Salsa-Turkey Cornbread Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14.75 oz each) Green Giant™ cream style sweet corn, undrained
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pouch (6.5 oz) cornbread & muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook turkey in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Stir in salsa and flour. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in remaining casserole ingredients. Heat to boiling. Spread turkey mixture in baking dish.
- In medium bowl, stir all topping ingredients just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour topping over turkey mixture; gently spread to sides of baking dish.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown.