- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 80 mins
- 8 people
- June 1, 2016
Meatball Minestrone Bake.
It’s Italian night! Progresso® minestrone soup and ® crescents give a jump start to an easy dinner bake.
Meatball Minestrone Bake
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb extra lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 3/4 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ High homestyle minestrone soup
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can Place 'n Bake® refrigerated crescent rounds
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, stir together oregano, basil, garlic powder, lemon peel and black pepper. Reserve 3/4 teaspoon of mixture; set aside. In large bowl, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, salt and remaining seasoning mix until thoroughly combined. Form into sixteen 2-inch meatballs. Pour soup into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; top with meatballs.
- Bake 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix reserved 3/4 teaspoon seasoning mixture and Parmesan cheese. Unroll each crescent round to make a strip; place strips on piece of foil. Brush strips with olive oil; sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Sprinkle meatballs with Italian cheese. Place seasoned crescent strips in a diagonal pattern on top of cheese, cutting to fit if necessary and not crisscrossing the strips.
- Bake an additional 20 to 24 minutes or until cheese is melted and strips are golden brown. Serve in bowls.